Medical and Healthcare Bearings
Bearings for Medical Applications
Bearings Direct supplies bearings for medical applications including imaging equipment, automated lab equipment, as well as hospital care and surgical equipment. We have a large selection of medical & healthcare bearings in-stock available for purchase today. You can browse our selection of bearings using the links above.
Types of Bearings
Most medical equipment must undergo sterilization using harsh chemicals that can wear and erode bearings over time. This is why choosing the right bearings is crucial to ensuring a long service life of the medical machinery & equipment.
Common bearings utilized in the healthcare field include:
- Miniature Ball Bearings: small bearings with bore sizes between 1 and 10 mm or up to half an inch. We offer both inch and metric sizes that meet ABEC7 precision class.
- Instrument Ball Bearings: instrument ball bearings are precision ball bearings that must be ABEC5 and higher while meeting two or more of the requirements listed below:Linear Bushing Bearings: linear bushing bearings allow for smooth linear motion through the use of ball bearings
- Low or uniform starting/running torque
- Definite contact angle and/or preload
- High cleanliness standards are met
- Smooth Operation/Vibration Limitations
- Needle Roller Bearings: needle roller bearings are designed to perform under harsh conditions and feature a higher load-carrying capacity
- Thrust Ball Bearings: bearings that can carry axial loads alone. We offer single row thrust ball bearings in both miniature and regular three-piece configurations
In choosing the proper bearing for your application, there are several factors to take under consideration, such as:
- High Speed
- Low Noise
- Service Life
- Resistance to Harsh Environments
- Healthcare Regulations/Specifications
Applications Within Healthcare
The aforementioned bearings can be used for a number of specific applications within healthcare. For example:
- Imaging Equipment
- Automated Lab Equipment
- Rotary Lab Machines
- Robotic Workstations
- Hospital Care & Surgical Equipment
- Exam Tables
- Surgical Lights
Why Bearings Direct?
Bearings Direct has been a bearings supplier since 1997 focusing on high-quality, high-performance products for a range of industries throughout the U.S. and worldwide, including the medical industry. From single bearings to wholesale orders, we can rapidly accommodate all bearing orders with an excellent service team. We ensure you receive the right bearing at the best price in the shortest time period.
For more information on how our team can supply bearings for your medical application, contact us today.